Sunday, August 16, 2009

Al's PET Scan

Hello loved ones:


Thank you for praying for Sherry & I, it's working.


I feel pretty much tied to my home during this time because my body is still reacting to the radiation and chemo after effects. I have good days, in-between days, and very bad days. The problem is, I can’t seem to discern when I will have a good day. Last week I had three days that literally caused me to spin in my head and affected my entire body. When I was a child, I used to have bad dreams and nightmares of being pulled out of my body, then I would get physically sick for days afterward. That's how I felt last week. (Strange, during the treatments there was little reaction from my body. I thought, “Wow, I passed this with flying colors!”) Yet, as my doctor warned me, the reaction can come anywhere from 2-6 weeks later and it has.

On Aug. 3rd I had a pet scan and the results were pretty positive. The tumor (formerly 4 inches long) shrunk considerably and there is no trace of any other growth. Anyway, my major surgery is still scheduled Sept. 17 at Johns Hopkins, something I do not want to do. Of course, I will go ahead with, because although I’ve done foolish things in my life, I’m no fool.

Yes, I’m still believing for a miracle.

So many have e-mailed, called or contacted us in some way giving words of encouragement or support and some of these dear brothers and sisters we have never met before. Sherry and I have wept over these e-mails and letters giving thanks to the God of mercy and abundance. We get medical bills and are holding up right now, but please keep praying for us. One brother (Tim, from Western Maryland) gave me a powerful Word from the Lord that seemed to be an 'atom encouragement bomb' that devastated satan.


If you are discouraged in anyway whatsoever, do this: Go encourage someone. Do it now. Call someone. Open the window and shout it out to your neighbor, then yell to heaven "I love your faithfulness God!" Can't find anyone to encourage? Do what I have done, even today: MIRROR TALKING I slowly walk to the largest mirror in my house and I preach to the person I am looking at, first by quoting Ps 68: 1-4 out LOUD! Then I sing, as loud as I can, PRAISES TO THE LORD! AND THEN I REJOICE BY FAITH.


Excuse me, I'm compelled to look for the closest mirror...


MUCH LOVE,


AL & SHERRY

5 comments:

  1. Oh that is so AWESOME! I will pray for NO side effects! NONE AND NADA LOL!! And NO surgery because in heaven that tumor does not exist and the kingdom of heaven has come near you!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ther Lord led me to your blog and I'm very touched by your faith, persistance for a miracle and love for our KING and his kingdom! Your trip through this rough patch is that just a trip. There's going to be nothing permanent about it! Gods provision for his obiedient servants is a mighty one! Your belief in a miracle of provision for the medical bills is going to come about SOON! Your belief for Gods provision in a healing miracle is going to come to frutition also! GOD is using this time in your life to minister to the doctors, nurses, and complete strangers like myself! Glory be to God and God alone!!! Praise Jesus!!!!! May God bless you greatly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the only "other growth" I can see is in your faith, which is a real encouragement to me, as well as others I'm sure.

    Thank you for showing such strength in Christ for others to follow in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, the Father said to his Son, Al ~
    "Do what you did before & trust the process."

    All Blessings are yours today.

    Oceans of Love &
    Amazingrace

    ReplyDelete