Friday, September 4, 2009

Two Weeks to Operation

Howdy:

Last week we visited Johns Hopkins to see the surgeon who will do the operation on Sept. 17th. He explained the risks, possible complications, (1-2% death; 60% all will turn out well, 10 % leakage inside; etc. etc.). Then I signed that I understand the latter. Actually, we were put at ease with his calm demeaner and he assured us all will go well...

Then I had a pre-operation exam, quite detailed, quite long and boring. I have to confess I am so tired of waiting for this journey to end. I have gone before the Lord asking that the process be excellerated, but we are two weeks to the operation, almost there. My feeding tube, which I donot use (but will, after the operation) has fallen out twice in two days and it looks like I going to to the emergency room in little bit to get that corrected. I've always wanted to wait in emergency rooms, please forgive me for complaining.

Pain is my companion. I take 7-8 pills a day (down from 14) at breakfast. Some for the stomach, the tumor, the esophagas, the throat, and for other things. The Doctors tell me that for the type of cancer I have, the size of the tumor and the stage it was in, I am doing very well. Yes, I get very tired and occassionally sick (from the chemo and radiation), yet they say I should be in quite bad shape.

I mistakenly was taking a steriod when I wasn't supposed to and just stopped that. It was only supposed to be taken during radiation, so once weaned off of it I got very sick.

The good news is this will end soon and I will be back ministering and on the road again.
Thank you for helping Sherry and I with your prayers and support at this time.

MUCH love,

AL & SHERRY

No comments:

Post a Comment