Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Last Post Before Operation

Dear Family:

Today Sherry and I travel to Johns Hopkins, we will be put up tonight right across the street from the hospital, then report @ 10 AM for the 12 PM operation.

Please pray. I am glad the time has finally arrived so we can get it over with. Thank you for all of your encouragement, card etc. during the last five months. Sherry is a bit nervous and I'd be dishonest if I said I wasn't. Yet, I am trusting the Lord. I will come through this and then move on with my life and ministry.

Our son, Pastor Justin Thomas will update this blog shortly after the operation to let you know how it went.

Please pray for our continued provision since neither Sherry or I have preached (worked) in the last 4 1/2 months and will not until perhaps December. With the Lord's help I will heal quickly and be back soon than that. A friend (Mike) has encouraged me (he had the same operation) and said they start feeding you the 2nd day. This was very encouraging.

The moment I get home and start feeling better and stronger, I will pick up my schedule again and contact all the churches that had to be postponed. God has promised me a greater anointing when we return along with a fresh compassion for the sick and lost. "Fresh talents will be revealed..." (Matthew 25: 1-23) Use you talents today, do not waste what God has given you. whether it be gifts of the Spirit, encouragement, giving, administration etc. Tell your family you love them every day, don't miss one moment of enjoying family, friends, life and your relationship with God. Our time here is limited and no one know when it will end. Don't waste time, it is one of the most precious gifts God has given us.

I can't wait to visit many of you again on the road.

Thanks for you prayers and support.

Mega Love and Blessings to you and your family,

AL & SHERRY 1 Thess 5:24

No comments:

Post a Comment