Sunday, September 27, 2009

Recovering because of You

Well, the big surgery is over, I am home and sleeping in my own bed. The surgery was to take almost 8 hours, it took four, I was suposted to be in the hospital for 10 days, we left on the 7th day. I am very weak, moving gently and carefully, so thankful it is over and the recovery can now begin. This has been the biggest 'bump in the road' in my life. There were times after the surgery that I felt so much pain, I cried out in angony. I didn't thing pain could go that far and wide. But, being home, I pray much more when the pain comes and God does help me in His grace.

At the risk of being a broken repetitive old record, I have to say: Thank you for loving us and sharing that love with us. We try to mail thank you notes to all who give and we are behind. Because Al is not speaking, our income dropped greatly. Many have come to the bat to help us. Often, we never know from whom and where, or how they heard about us. We are just thankful. I'm thinking about resuming our schedule in November, please pray I will be strong enough by then. Some churches where we were susposted to minister gave us a love offerring even though we couldn't come to speak - such an expression of God'd Love! We are praying for you and trusting you are walking in His love. Mail us you prayer requests, praying in the midst of a trial can be very powerful (1 Thess. 5:24)

God has been giving us fresh dreams and visions about the future, about this ministry and our calling. Things will change. More power is coming, He has changed us and that means bigger and better things are soon to be revealed. You are part of that change....

Much, much, much Love to You,

AL & SHERRY THOMAS
http://www.celebratinghislife.com/

3 comments:

  1. Pastor Al,
    I am sorry for asking you for information and you just had surgery; I did not know. I am grateful for God's grace, mercy, and love towards you to bring you through such an ordeal. I pray for a speedy recovery and that God will provide all needs for you and your family. I will keep you'll in my prayers. God is covering you. Dr. Hooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al:
    You're so crazy! I am crying after your article on ElijahList today - No Life Jacket. I've been walking on water since March last year, or maybe earlier, I lost myself - Hallelujah - and I just realized, I don't think I ever got a life jacket! Oh my, what was I thinking? :)

    Blessings,
    Princess Carroll Ayo Durodola
    childrenswriter100@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you and give you the vigor of Caleb.
    I found your blog on ElijahList. I love it No Life Jacket.
    I left my job by God's command in Dec. 2008. I would love your prayers during this financial challenge. I know God will provide. My blog is below when u feel up to reading.

    http://wordstotakeaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete