Monday, June 15, 2009

Back Home for a while...

Hello my dear friends:

Hope you are all well. I was released from the local hospital late saturday (13th) after a week of chemo and other meds. So very good to be home with my Sherry and little dog. Quite week, still no solid food (that's months down the road), by I still have faith being uplifted by you and many others.

In the ministry, over this many years I would often sit at my desk, working, doing the newsletter, praying, connnecting with pastors, others (nettworking, etc.) and some times the devil would whispher, "What good are you going anyway." "You are wasting your time.." The discouragement would occassionnally be overwhelimg. Only after I fell on the knees and praised Him for quite some time did the devil shut up. The ministry is lonely sometimes, (No pity party here).

Yet, since this is has happened, the many cards, notes of encouragement that we have receieved have been like fresh oil...people we never knew who have benifeted from the ministry. Your gifts and love are a breath of God's fresh love for us.....We (with tears) cannnot thank you enough.

So, thank you for your continued love and support...Truly you have the heart of God.

Much, much Love,

AL & SHERRY

1 comment:

  1. Dear Al and Sherry,
    I doubt that you remember me because it has been some time since I have seen you. My name is Denise Koczera and I first met you at Trinity AG in Charles Town WV when John and Linda pastored. My sons were in youth when Justin was youth pastor and I got to know Freda there and later her parents, the Horst's when they attended the Bridge in Charles Town. My pastor, Tim May has asked that I prepare an insert for our Sunday Bulletin at the Bridge to ask for prayer and financial support for you. Is there anything specifically you would like to share? My email is denise@cabinetshowplace.com

    I'm sure that I was at just about every meeting when you ministered at Trinity and I was always strengthened and encouraged by the love and grace of the Lord that you both were able to impart.
    May the Lord Jesus heal you by the power of His shed Blood may His peace that passes all understanding flood your heart and soul.I speak to your body in Jesus Name be free of cancer and be made whole. So be it!
    love to you and Sherry denise koczera

    ReplyDelete